Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Dear Jane blocks

Here are the latest Dear Jane blocks. The bottom right proved a bit more of a challenge but all in all I am happy with them. Happier still that I am up to date with them.

A very special person sent me this butterfly which is now flying on a "round robin" style wall hanging that I made with three friends. I like that it is there and I can look at it and smile. I tend not to wear brooches but this needs to be on show.

While I was recuperating from my little procedure a "friend" gave me yarn and a pattern to knit hats for ladies undergoing chemo. Here are 4 of the 6 I have done. I did also do one for DD1's birthday. Double ended needles are a pain as the number of times I dropped the stitches off the other end was enormous. That is why friend is in " ". I think I knitted a couple of them twice as I had to unpull to the ribbing, too hard to reverse knit and no way could I pick up the stitches. Anyway they look good and I enjoyed doing them despite the annoyance of seeing those dropped stitches.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz your blocks look fantastic and what a beautiful butterfly ,what a beautiful friend.
    And what a lovely thing to do for the ladies that undergo chemo,they will be very appreciated,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Liz.. Can you send me the numbers of the DJ blocks. Not that I can get them done yet. Yours look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those blocks and your hats too, they are great.
    Such a pretty butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz - Your Dear Jane blocks look great!! One of these days I need to pull mine out!! Love the Christopher pin and the hats are fabulous! Whenever a pattern calls for double-pointed needles I use a small round needle - much easier. Sometimes I have to change the pattern a bit but it is so worth it if you are making several!! I am working on premie hats right now whenever I have a minute to sit!! :-))

    ReplyDelete