Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lots of sewing going on

Last Monday I managed to sew the first in "The Splendid Sampler" I decided to use up my scraps and pick any fabric so that's what is happening.As you can see I am also starting Dear Jane with some of my fellow Kilmore Quilters. We have realised that it will be finished by Dec 2020! I have done the first 4 blocks but will show later.


This is Jane's block of TSS which has butterflies so I had to make it. Haven't yet embroidered the antennae but will do that this afternoon. The camera managed to turn my photo so.... These may actually end up in a totally different quilt depending on how many I manage to sew.At a meeting yesterday we were shown a lovely memory quilt by Karen Martin from Mrs. Martin's Quilt shop. As I have a grandbaby on the way I thought I would steal the idea( ok Karen was happy for me to do so) and I may intersperse some of these blocks into my GB diary.

The first 3 blocks of the Building Blocks Quilt along from 2014 ( Leah Day) Pretty happy with my FMQ and I think I am improving as I go along...

... 9 patch quilted  ( yes even the straight lines were fmq).....

... Rail fence quilted. Turn your computer 90 degrees and you will see love quilted in one of them.  So 10 down 32 to go. Not so sure about those circles but .

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks crazy lady lol!I know you will do a lovely job though. Your FMQ looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your blocks, love the little butterflies.
    Your fmq blocks look fab as well, your quilting is getting quite adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great progress Liz. If you are there Tuesday I'll see you then

    ReplyDelete