Sunday, January 10, 2016

Control freak? Me...

.... well I didn't think I was but in recent years I have come to accept that I am. Friday was my sister-in-law's 60th birthday. After many attempts at getting one of my other 6 sisters-in-law to say what was happening for said birthday and getting no response, I took it upon myself to get the above quilt to my wonderfully patient quilter. Leanne had it quilted by last monday and so I was able to give it to SIL on Friday. Mind you I had to take off the label and resew it in a different corner( the gum leaf pattern would have gone sideways otherwise and that was beyond my powers of "it will be okay") This is one I made in 2014 called "Vice Versa" all patterns off the internet.

I spent the week after New Year quilting this little quilt and when "Ziggy" is born to DH's niece it can find another home.



Having made one quilt for a 60th birthday I figure that I probably need to make the rest of the sisters-in-law one so I dug in the stash and found this to make some "One Block Wonder" blocks. They don't pop as much as I would have liked but I am stealing an idea for putting them together and have one row done....

.. here is the first lot put together. Again the stash came in handy. This needs to be ready for June 2017 so plenty of time. You may think I have another 6 quilts to make but no, two of my SIL have already got ones , unfortunately to remember someone special that they lost. I have plans for the other ones and I have 8 years before the last one turns 60 so I am getting organised. This is the control freak in me rearing it's head.

As this is my first post for the year..
Happy 2016. May it be a happy and healthy one for us all.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to take control to get things done! Nice quilt for SIL...great way to set the blocks. Cute quilt for Ziggy. I'll be watching with interest how your one block wonder comes together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good finishes...
    Nice to start early and get ahead... Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a lovely quilt. I can't leave things that annoy me either Liz. It would always irritate me lol! Ziggys quilt is very cute too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lucky SILs!! I love them both and the baby quilt is darling!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous quilt Liz! I hope your SIL enjoys it.
    The baby quilt is super-cute, the new bub will love it I'm sure

    ReplyDelete