Monday, May 4, 2015

Fireworks

This weekend along with about 14 others( not sure of the exact numbers ),attended a quilting workshop. The name of it was "Fireworks" and although I had seen the basic picture I had no idea what I was letting myself in for. Anyway with a very patient teacher, Fay, to guide us through the process of template making ,drawing a foundation and then adding peaks this is what I came home with. I especially love the bottom right one. The top left has some of the panel that we started with and I was lucky that others in the class let me have some of their fabrics.
I will have to make some more blocks to keep what I learnt  my head, and to use the fabric I bought, but not sure when that spare 5 minutes will show up. It certainly was fun after I had stopped stressing about fabric placement.
 I have been working on Miss Elizabeth as well but that will have to wait till I link up with Anthea in a week or so.

5 comments:

  1. wow so stunning! love the effects of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW. That is amazing. Good on you. Fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Elizabeth - AMAZING! Good on you... learning something new is a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Liz!! This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete