Monday, August 25, 2014

One Block Wonder

On Saturday morning about 21 of us descended on Kilmore Memorial hall and had a One Block Wonder workshop with Annika and Karin. They took us through the lining up of fabric, picking the repeats and then the cutting of the pieces for each block. Here are some of my blocks... I managed 19 cuts in 2 strips so have 38 blocks to play with.I have done kaleidescope quilts before and my DD1 reminded me that I vowed never to do another. Ah well I can always change my mind! This was actually very easy so I aim to do at least one more. The blocks are pinned together so they do look a bit off but I think they are going to look great.


 Would you believe that this is the original fabric that I used to get the above blocks? The funny thing is that some of the hexies screamed" this is the way I need to be sewn" and others went either... all 3 ways looked great  or hmmm not sure I like any way. Thanks to A and K for a great day. I think we all had a wonderful day.

Stayed tuned for the finished product, may be a while away. Off now to look at the next 5 blocks of my Honour quilt.

3 comments:

  1. amazing effects Liz,
    they look great!
    look forward to seeing your next set of Honour quilt blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So sorry I couldn't be there to join in the fun but I did have a great day at Mill Rose in Ballan.
    May have to try mine by myself.. Have fun with your Honour Blocks. I still have to do mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fun day...I'm loving that top left hexie...I wasn't so excited about my blocks at the hall but when I pinned them up on the wall at home they aren't so bad after all...bought three "plains" yesterday to go with them, might even reverse my "only cutting up one strip" decision and make the other strip of blocks...saw pictures of two members' quilts settings in the supermarket on Friday (as you do) and they looked fabulous, it will be fun to see how they all turn out...

    ReplyDelete