Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sometimes the Scrooge in me...

... takes over. DD2 is making a quilt for a friend who is getting married. The blocks are cut, corners sewn and trimmed which leaves...
 these half square triangles. I spent half an hour or so chain stitching 320 of these together in the hopes that I will get a few of...
... these. Maybe they will become a "Blanket of Love" with a few other patches.
 " Maisie and the Boys" Marina has got me hooked on these little houses. This is the label for "My Town" quilt which is all finished. Stay tuned that will be shown in a few days. As it has been so hot today ( past two days 41 degrees and more of this to come... yuk) I have sewn 3 more of these little babies.
 Twin no 1 quilt( this is so soothing to look at, not sure I want to give it away) Thanks to Lois for the pattern and Rosalie for telling me about it.
 Twin no 2 quilt. Very quick and easy and the bunnies are so cute, especially the one that is fast asleep. Now all I have to do is quilt them. Luckily I have until May, when they are due, to get them done.
 Thanks to a lot of 12" and 6" swap partners here is the first of my 2014 Blankets of Love. I really enjoyed quilting the butterflies on the big blocks. These blankets are very good practice for free motion quilting.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. blue and yellow always look so lovely together.
    Loved seeing your twin quilts and your 'my town' quilt they are all so gorgeous.
    Always happy to share my addictions with my friends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you have been so busy. Even with the heat.
    I luv the bunny quilts. They are so cute.
    What size do you normally do your "blankets of love" & who for?
    Well done

    ReplyDelete