Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday night sew in


Last night was the first night that I joined in with the FNSI. I didn't manage to stitch anything but I did sew in a LOT of thread ends. The purple border is for my " mocha " quilt which is a quilt as you go class that I have been doing every month since June. Next month I put it all together and I can't wait. As you can see from the pile of threads on top I had a lot of ends to sew in.

The other two are blocks 1 and 2 of "My Town" BOM from Homespun magazine, and I decided to sew most of the applique by machine so more ends to get rid of. This BOM is a tribute to Starlight Foundation which grants wishes to chronically sick kids. and a charity close to my heart.

Hopefully next month I will actually have some stitching to sew.

5 comments:

  1. I love FNSI. Your border is so good, well done and I just love those house blocks. The fabrics you have chosen are gorgeous. Hey its the 'Liz Show' haha, 'in joke'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Liz, your Mocha Quilt is a real achievement, I am looking forward to seeing it finished. Your " Homespun " Blocks look good too.Love R

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt will look beautiful! I'm glad you were able to join the FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt blocks look great. It's going to be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete